RESEARCH – IMPACT – INNOVATION
The Leeds Centre for Interdisciplinary Childhood and Youth Research (L- CYR) is an interdisciplinary research centre that serves as a focus for research and innovation in the field of Childhood and Youth Studies with members coming from a broad range of disciplines within and without the University.
L-CYR’s primary goal is to deliver internationally leading and cutting edge research with and about children and young people. Based in the ‘new social studies’ of childhood and critical youth studies, members forge multi-and interdisciplinary research collaborations amongst the social and natural sciences, arts and humanities.
The Centre aims to:
- contribute to theoretical advances, new empirical knowledge, innovative methodologies and robust ethical practice frameworks in the global study of Childhood and Youth.
- develop high quality interdisciplinary collaborative research bids and constitute an international academic, policy and practice environment for its research.
- generate support and funding for its research and activities from inside and outside the University, working with local, regional, national and international researchers and networks including partners in policy and practice.
- act as an important voice and expertise to support the work of the University strategic research themes with the aim of bringing the needs, perspectives and agency of children and young people into focus and debate as relevant.
- provide a platform for developing, debating and sharing ideas and research (through conferences, seminars, workshops, research training events) through its satellite research groups and networks.
Contact us: you can email the centre at email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter at: @Leeds_CYR